Click on the banner to find my new blog~ Yes, I’m moving to Tumblr. I’m back to say goodbye.
Well the title explains it all, I think. I need a break. I’m not sure if I’m taking the full week off yet, but I’m not feeling so well. I’m feverish, and I’m allergic to paracetamol so it takes a while for me to get better. I can barely keep myself up right now.
I’ll try visiting blogs though since I’m way behind on that. I hope I can do that today, but I’m feeling so bleh. Maybe tonight. Maybe…
This week has been quite good to me, I think. Work load was so light. I was so happy about that. :P And my week started out really great actually. I was following this blog schedule that I made for myself. And I almost had it. I was two days short – Friday and Saturday. I was supposed to post something, but I wasn’t able to make the posts. I was supposed to accomplish a review book for Friday,…
Click on the image to open the book’s Goodreads page
Title: Burning Gold
Author: Clea Calloway
Publication Date: May 9, 2014
Publisher: Createspace/Clea Calloway
Acquisition: from the author
This is a story of family, love and loss. It takes a look at a strong young woman, Jennifer Ann, and her journey in life. As a small child…
Click on the image to open the book’s Goodreads page
Title: Oracle of Philadelphia
Author: Elizabeth Corrigan
Publication Date: March 20, 2013
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing
Series: Earthbound Angel #1
Acquisition: from the author/publisher
Carrie works at a diner in South Philadelphia, dispensing advice to humans and angels wise enough…
This isn’t even happening weekly anymore. XD But I wanted to do one because the start of May has been quite great for me so far. I haven’t really read a lot of YA novels though. I mostly read manga. I finished one whole series – Kaichou wa Maid-Sama. I read Scan by Walter Jury and S.E. Fine and I finally finished Hollow Cityby Ransom Riggs after spending weeks with it. For me, it’s not a good…
How is this a test exactly? I thought I needed to answer about some books I’ve never read about or something. Haha! Thank you Dre @ Sporadic Reads for tagging me.
What are your top three book pet peeves?
- Characters who hate another person without any good reasons. i.e. Unite by Jamie Campbell and Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor. I DNF’d both books.
- Whiny, stupid protagonists. They annoy me to no end. Especially the ones that get better because of a love interest and not because of self-growth or something.
- Erotica books that are marked New Adult. This is why I avoid NA books most of the time.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
- Anywhere soft and cold. On ice cream. What. I mostly read on my bed. Actually, I mostly read on my brother’s bed. I’m not sure why. It’s probably gross, but I spend a lot of my reading there. Errr.
Tell us three book confessions.
- I highlight all of my books that I read. Paperbacks, hardbacks, ebooks, you name it. For ebooks it isn’t so bad since you can remove them. But I’ll most likely be shy to lend out my physical books because they have a lot of marks.
- I have a one-click addiction. Not just for Amazon, but also for Netgalley. SO MANY BOOKS. So little time. OTL
- I arrange my physical books by size, which causes some series books to get separated. I don’t think my book closet would make sense to anyone. Even I don’t know where a book could be, just the general part of the closet because I know the format. Am I making sense?
When was the last time you cried during a book?
- *checks Goodreads* Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. I strongly recommend that book!
How many books are on your bedside table?
- I do not have one. XD I do keep my books on my bed though. Does that count? Right now there’s only one because I’m mostly reading ebooks at the moment. But the stack can get really high normally. See example here.
What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?
- Anything I can get my hands on. :P I can’t help it. I love eating! Chips, chocolate, cake, cookies, food, food, food. :P Oh, and coffee.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Man that was difficult!
Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.
My hardcovers are my favorite because they are gorgeous~ I had to move stuff around though to show all of them because they’re usually all packed together in that one part of my closet. :P And if you can see it, on that last photo, those are my J.K. Rowling books~ So pretty but so heavy!
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
- The Great Escape
- Fuel for Imagination
- My Unlived Lives
I don’t know!!!
What is your biggest reading secret?
- It wouldn’t be a secret if I told you now wouldn’t it? :P But probably the fact that I read the Fifty Shades trilogy. Actually, I didn’t finish the last book. Yes, they were awful, but I read them anyway. Those were my naive days when I swore I wouldn’t DNF a book. Haha
I am tagging:
- Sandra @ Sandra’s World of Books
- Valeria @ A Touch of Book Madness
- Michelle @ In Libris Veritas
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity
- Nara @ Looking for the Panacea
The Book Blogger Test How is this a test exactly? I thought I needed to answer about some books I’ve never read about or something.
Follow the rest of the tour by clicking on the banner~
So I’ve been thinking about how there are so many series books nowadays. And with these come cliffhangers. I hate cliffhangers. And I just thought about all the ways I reacted to all the different cliffhangers so I made this. What have I felt?